About Us: Overview
In September 2008, the City of Douglasville reactivated the Douglasville Development Authority. The decision was a testimonial to the City’s vision, pro business leadership and belief in the outstanding corporate opportunities available in the community.
The Douglasville Development Authority provides the following CONFIDENTIAL and FREE services on behalf of the City:
- Business Recruitment
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) Responses
- Target Industry Development
- National and International Marketing
- Building and Site Selection
- Business Park Development
- Infill Development and Adaptive Reuse
- Retail Recruitment
- Research and Demographics Analysis and Report
- Incentive Structuring and Processing
- Fast Track Permitting
The Douglasville Development Authority has four primary goals that are the focus
of our economic development efforts.
- Generate business leads and projects for Douglasville through an aggressive, external marketing program focused on specific business sectors that include the life science, technical service, advanced manufacturing and back office industries.
- Attract and retain sustainable, well paying jobs to Douglasville that capitalize on the highly educated workforce and outstanding quality of life afforded by the City and Metro Atlanta location.
- Maximize the use of our excellent real estate opportunities by attracting projects that generate strong square feet to employment ratios.
- Bring economic prosperity to all areas of Douglasville.