Quality of Life
Quality of Life: Metro Atlanta
Douglasville easy access to so many points throughout the Metro Atlanta Area allows residents to enjoy world class museums, sports and other attractions. Among the major attractions enjoyed by residents of the region and visitors from around the world are:
- Atlanta Ballet
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Atlanta Opera
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- CNN Center
- Fox Theater
- Georgia Aquarium (world’s largest aquarium)
- High Museum of Art
- Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta
- Martin Luther King Jr. Center and National Historic Site
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- Underground Atlanta
- White Water Park
- Woodruff Arts Center
- The World of Coca-Cola
- Zoo Atlanta
Atlanta is home to many professional, collegiate and amateur sporting events throughout the year.
- All four (4) major professional sports teams are represented in Atlanta. Teams include the Atlanta Braves (Major League Baseball), Atlanta Hawks (National Basketball Association), Atlanta Falcons (National Football League), and Atlanta Thrashers (National Hockey League)
- Atlanta has state-of-the-art sports and entertainment facilities: Georgia Dome, Turner Field, Philips Arena, and Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Beautiful sites abound for golf with more than 100 public, private and semi-private golf Courses. Major golfing events- BellSouth Gold Classic (PGA), TOUR Championship (PGA), Chick-fil-A Charity Championship (LPGA).
- Other Major Sporting Events: Chick fil’A Bowl, SEC Championship, Atlanta Football Classic, Georgia Games, NASCAR, AT&T Tennis Challenge, and Peachtree Road Race.
- Home of the Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA), the second largest local tennis association in the nation with more than 80,000 members playing on over 200 public tennis courts.