Business Climate: Key Facts and Highlights
- Douglasville has one of the lowest municipal property tax rates in Metro Atlanta.
- There is no local income tax in Douglasville, only state income tax.
- Douglasville will provide substantial property tax relief for qualified new and expanding businesses.
- Douglasville provides tax exempt bond financing for qualified new and expanding businesses.
- The City’s fast track permitting process greatly reduces the building permit time and provides businesses with a single point of contact for processing and securing permits.
- From 1995-2005, Douglas County had a 58.6% increase in the number of business establishments compared to the Metro Atlanta rate of 39.2%.
- Manufacturing employment in Douglasville and Douglas County is 10.1%, which is a higher percentage than the Metro Atlanta Area rate of 7.9%.
- Douglas County has been designated one of twenty “Entrepreneur Friendly” communities by the Georgia Department of Economic Development.
Metro Atlanta Region
- Based on Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Metro Atlanta would be the 28th largest economy in the world.
- In 2008 Metro Atlanta ranked 2nd on KPMG’s list of “Most Competitive Locations”
- Metro Atlanta ranked #3 on the list of “America’s Fastest Growing Metros” which was based on economic growth. Forbes 2008
- In 2009, Metro Atlanta had the 4th highest number of Fortune 500 Headquarters among U.S. metro areas with 13 companies..
- There are 2,100 international companies in Metro Atlanta.
- Expansion Magazine ranked Georgia’s Quick Start program the #1 workforce training program in the U.S. (2008).
- In 2009, Georgia was ranked #1 in “New Entrepreneurial Activity” by the Kaufman Foundation.
- Chief Executive Magazine ranked Georgia #4 for “Jobs and Business Growth” in 2009.
- Forbes Magazine ranked Georgia 5th in its list of “Best States for Business” in 2008.
- In 2009, CNBC ranked Georgia #10 in “America’s Top States for Business”.